Oktoberfest is just around the corner, and beer is most definitely on the menu. And boy, there is a lot of beer out there! So let us provide you with a beer list of some of the world’s best beers.
Top Rated Shopping List App
Share And Synchronize An Unlimited Number
Of Lists With Others Instantly and Easy
In March 2017, The Brewer’s Journal and Alltech found that there are now over 19,000 breweries operating worldwide, with over 4,500 of them located in USA. In fact, the USA has more nearly 4x more breweries than Germany: the home of Oktoberfest!
Out of this global number, 94% of breweries are craft breweries: small, independent breweries creating their own unique beers in small batches.
If you think that’s a lot of breweries, then just imagine how many different types of individual beers they make! The very thought of it makes us thirsty:
We need a beer!
But what are the best beers to drink? Thankfully, the World Beer Awards can help punters of pilsners and enthusiasts of IPAs taste their way through some of the world’s best brews.
The list of winners is also surprisingly diverse, with champion beers coming from countries as far reaching as Cambodia, Japan, and Taiwan. The winners’ lists are not without they’re surprises too. Brazil, a country not instantly associated with beer, won more awards than traditional beer brewing countries such as Germany and Belgium.
So, are you thirsty for some of the world’s best beers? Check out this aware winning beer list below for a sudsy and superlative start to your Oktoberfest.
World’s Best Dark Beer List
1. Novo Brazil “Cookie Muncher” (World’s Best Dark Beer, World’s Best Strong Dark Beer)?
2. Edinburgh Beer Factory “Bunk! Edinburgh Brown” (World’s Best American Brown Ale)
3. Schwarzbräu “Aged Bock 2012” (World’s Best Dark Barley Wine)
4. Collesi “Rossa” (World’s Best Belgian Style Dubbel)
5. Samuel Adams “Thirteenth Hour Stout” (World’s Best Belgian Style Strong)
6. White Sails “Snake Island CDA” (World’s Best Black IPA)
7. Jopen “Bokbier” (World’s Best Brown Ale)
8. Pig Pounder Brewery “Boar Brown” (World’s Best English Brown Ale)
9. Long Man Brewery “Old Man” (World’s Best Mild Dark Beer)
10. Liefmans “Goudenband” (World’s Best Oud Bruin)
World’s Best Flavored Beer List
11. Surtur “8,2” (World’s Best Flavored Beer, World’s Best Wood Aged Beer)?
12. Dama Bier “Fellas” (World’s Best Chocolate & Coffee Flavored Beer)
13. Lohn Bier “Catharina Sour Uva” (World’s Best Fruit & Vegetable Flavored Beer)
14. Taiwan Head Brewers “Start of Autumn Tea Ale” (World’s Best Herb & Spice Flavored Beer)
15. Joseph Holt “Maple Gold” (World’s Best Honey & Maple Flavored Beer)
16. Ruosniemen Panimo “Musta Lomittaja” (World’s Best Smoke Flavored Beer
17. Gouden Carolus “Cuvée van de Keizer Whisky Infused” (World’s Best Spirit Flavored Beer)
World’s Best Lager List
18. Bauhöfer “Ulmer Pilsener” (World’s Best Lager, World’s Best German-Style Pale Lager)?
19. Free “Damm” (World’s Best No Alcohol Lager)
20. Schützengarten “St. Galler Klosterbräu” (World’s Best Amber/Vienna Lager)
21. Cisk “Pilsner” (World’s Best Czech Style Pale)
22. Hausen Bier “Dunkel” (World’s Best Dark Lager)
23. Tazawako “Pilsner” (World’s Best Dortmunder)
24. Fujizakura Heights Beer “Munchen Lager” (World’s Best Helles/Munchen)
25. Mica “SIN” (World’s Best Low Carb/Low Alcohol Lager)
26. Pyynikin “Mosaic Lager” (World’s Best Seasonal Lager)
27. Votus “003” (World’s Best Strong Lager)
28. Bauhöfer “Ulmer Maibock” (World’s Best Bock)
World’s Best Pale Beer List
29. Cameron’s “Where the Buffalo Roam Barleywine” (World’s Best Pale Beer, World’s Best Pale Barley Wine)?
30.Les Trois Mousquetaires “Sticke Alt” (World’s Best Altbier Pale Ale)
31. Cevada Pura “Irish Red ALE” (World’s Best Amber Pale Ale)